Terms of Service
- Binding Terms of Service (TOS)
- Shipping, Delivery & Tax
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- BINDING TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Description of Services.
The Brave GentleMan website makes available for purchase various items (the “Service”). You are responsible for obtaining access to the Site, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site.
2. License and Site Access.
Brave GentleMan grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Site and the Service. This license does not include permission to download or copy account information for the benefit of any third party, including but not limited to vendors; caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site and the framing of any Content available through the Site uploading, posting, or transmitting any content that you do not otherwise have a right to make available (such as intellectual property of another party); uploading, posting, or transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; any action that imposes or may impose (in Brave GentleMan’s sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Brave GentleMan’s infrastructure; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. You may not bypass any measures used by Brave GentleMan to prevent or restrict access to the Site. Any unauthorized use of the Site by you immediately terminates the permission or license granted to you by Brave GentleMan.
3. User Eligibility.
The BraveGentleMan Service is not available to any users suspended or removed from the system by Brave GentleMan for any reason. Users may not register more than one account on the Site. If you do not qualify to use the Site for the foregoing reasons, you may not use the Site or its Service.
4. Your Account.
You represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when requested by the Site or its administrators or agents. If you are unwilling or unable to provide such information, you agree to discontinue your use of the Site and its Service. If you provide any information in response to the aforementioned requests that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or Brave GentleMan suspects that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Brave GentleMan and/or its administrators and agents have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof). By using the Site, you accept sole responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and for restricting unauthorized access to your computer. You further accept responsibility for all activity that occurs under your account or password. Because of this, the Site strongly recommends that you log out of your account at the end of each session. You agree to notify Brave GentleMan immediately if/when you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security that might affect the Site in any way. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Brave GentleMan reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in its sole discretion, subject to applicable law.
5. Submitted Content.
Brave GentleMan does not claim exclusive ownership of any material you make available through the Site. (“Material” does not include your confidential information, such as billing information and the like.) However, with respect to any material you submit or make available for use on or in connection with the Site, you grant Brave GentleMan a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such material. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that any material you provide do not include anything (including, but not limited to, text, images, music or video) to which you do not have the full right to grant the license specified in this Section 4. You agree to read and accept as binding Paragraph 8 on Indemnity, which applies to your breaches of representation, warranty, or covenant under this Paragraph (as well as any other breaches of this agreement made by you, knowingly or not.)
6. Disclaimer of Warranty.
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED (A "LINKED SITE") ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY.
Brave GentleMan DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR (A) THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE WHICH ORIGINATES FROM ANY PARTY OTHER THAN SITE ADMINISTRATORS; (B) ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON LINKED SITES; OR (C) THE CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, RELIABILITY OR RISKS OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE.
OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL BRAVE GENTLEMAN BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THROUGH A LINKED SITE, OR CAUSED BY USER'S PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. YOU UNDETAKE THE OBLIGATION TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE AND DESIRED, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT.
7. Limitation of Liability.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT Brave GentleMan AND/OR ITS ADMINISTRATORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, THE SERVICE, THE GOODS SOLD ON THE SITE, OR ANY RELATED SERVICES (EVEN IF BRAVE GENTLEMAN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Brave GentleMan (and its owners, administrators, officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, partners, joint venturers, employees, or independent contractors—collectively, including the Site, “Brave GentleMan and related parties”) from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and adjudication-related costs, caused by, arising out of, or in any way related to your breach of these TOS, or your violation of any law or regulation or the rights of any person or entity.
9. Electronic Communication.
10. Site-Provided Email and Postings.
The Site may provide users with the ability to send email messages to other users and non-users and to post messages on the Site. Brave GentleMan is under no obligation to review any messages, information or content (“Postings”) posted on the Site by users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Brave GentleMan may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site and may, at its sole discretion, decline to accept and/or remove any email or Postings. You understand and agree not to use any functionality provided by the Site to post content or initiate communications that contain:
(i) Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
(ii) Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
(iii) Impersonate others or provide any kind of false information.
(iv) Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
(v) Messages by non-spokesperson employees of Brave GentleMan which purport to speak on behalf of Brave GentleMan..
(vi) Messages that offer information or mechanisms to make unauthorized downloads or otherwise obtain any copyrighted or private information.
(vii) Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
(viii) Chain letters, or the electronic equivalent, of any kind.
(ix) Identical (or substantially similar) messages to multiple recipients advertising any product or service, expressing a political or other similar message, or any other type of unsolicited commercial message. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) using BraveGentleMan invitations to send messages to people who do not know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) using BraveGentleMan to connect to people who do not know you and/or sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and/or c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
The Site or third parties may provide links to other World Wide Web/Internet sites or resources. You understand that Brave GentleMan has no control over such sites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that Brave GentleMan will in no event be responsible for the availability, content, or result of use of such external sites or resources; and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Brave GentleMan and related parties shall not be responsible or liable, either directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
12. Access To Password Protected/Secure Areas.
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
13. Modification and Notification of Changes.
(i) sending an email to the address associated with your account (Brave GentleMan is not responsible for your failure to receive an email due to the actions of your ISP or any email filtering service; therefore, you should add BraveGentleMan.com to the list of domains approved to send you email—commonly known as your “whitelist”); or
You agree that either (i) or (ii) constitutes sufficient notification of a change to these TOS, and are binding on you if/when you use the Site or Service after the date of the change.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site, whether or not registered with any governmental or non-governmental entity, and whether or not accompanied by the designations “TM” or “®”, are the property of Brave GentleMan and other parties, as the case may be. You agree not to use any of these Marks for any non-commentary purpose, including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web/Internet without the written permission of Brave GentleMan or such third party that owns the relevant Mark(s).
15. Procedure for Claims of Copyright Infringement.
All eligible information and content created or otherwise owned by Brave GentleMan and related parties, including any software programs, available on or through the Site (“Content”) is protected by copyright, whether or not accompanied by the designation “©”. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or otherwise using any Content available on or through the Site.
Brave GentleMan respects the intellectual property of others, and the Site’s users agree to do the same. Brave GentleMan may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion (as appropriate under applicable law), disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be infringing the intellectual property of a third party. If you believe that your copyrighted material has been used in an infringing manner please provide Brave GentleMan’s below-designated Copyright Agent the following information:
(i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(ii) a reasonably detailed description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(iii) a reasonably detailed description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(iv) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(v) a reasonably detailed statement and explanation of your good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury where applicable, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Brave GentleMan’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached at the following e-mail address:
By email: copyright@BraveGentleMan.com
Brave GentleMan may update this mailing address from time to time. You agree that changes to this mailing address shall not constitute a modification to this TOS for the purposes of Section 12. (Copyright owners are bound by these TOS by virtue of having used the Site.)
Trademark or other non-copyright intellectual property owners who have a good-faith belief that their intellectual property has been infringed on or through this site may likewise contact the Site administrators at copyright@BraveGentleMan.com, which shall comply with legally imposed takedown and related requirements in a reasonable amount of time.
16. Survival of Terms After Agreement Ends.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of this TOS, or any general legal principles to the contrary, any provision of these TOS that generally impose or can reasonably be deemed to contemplate continuing obligations on Site users, including but not limited to the provisions on indemnification, will survive the expiration, termination, or modification of these TOS.
If any of these conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, you and the Site agree that a) a court or relevant decisionmaker should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that b) the unenforceable condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition. From time to time, Brave GentleMan may offer special promotional offers or additional functionalities that may or may not apply to your Brave GentleMan account. You agree to be bound by any additional terms and conditions for these special offers or additional functionalities. These TOS, which (as stated below) constitute the entire agreement between you and Brave GentleMan, will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, regardless of choice-of-law rules. You and Brave GentleMan further agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the County of New York, in the State of New York, with respect to any legal proceedings that may arise in connection with these TOS of your use of the Site. The failure of Brave GentleMan and related parties to take action following a breach by you or others does not waive their right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Brave GentleMan provides no assurance that it will take action against any or all breaches of these TOS. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these TOS, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to these TOS. These TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and Brave GentleMan and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and Brave GentleMan with respect to the Site.
2. How Does Brave GentleMan Gather and Use Information?
(ii) Server Statistics. We collect general statistics to track user trends on our Site. These statistics include hits to our server, the types of browsers used to access our Site, page views, and navigational patterns. The information that is collected in this manner does NOT provide us with any personally identifiable information about our users. It helps us track “where” our users are coming from. This allows us to pinpoint high traffic areas and determine the most effective ways to communicate with our users. In order to prevent the introduction of viruses and hackers into the Brave GentleMan site we may collect information, such as IP addresses, into a log file to be used to identify potential hackers of the Brave GentleMan site.
3. What Security Procedures Does Brave GentleMan Use To Protect Personal Information?
We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards, as deemed appropriate by us in our sole discretion, to assist us in preventing unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy, and correctly using your Personal Information.
4. Will Brave GentleMan Disclose The Information It Collects To Outside Parties?
Brave GentleMan may share certain information with its subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, and with other selected vendors and business partners (collectively, “Site Affiliates”). This may include, but may not be limited to, companies that offer affinity, frequent-user, and reward programs, and companies that perform marketing services and other business operations for us (including providing goods and services to our users, as necessary to complete transactions you request). We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics do not include Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Information we collect from you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary (a) to obey the law or comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of other users of our Site; or (c) to act in an emergency to protect the personal safety of users of our Site or the public. On a limited basis, we may also disclose your Personal Information to certain Site Affiliates for their use in contacting you, when we reasonably believe their products or services are complementary to your interests or Brave GentleMan’s business.
5. External Links. Other companies or organizations may have links to their Sites on our Site.
6. Collection Of Information From Children.
Brave GentleMan does not direct any of our content specifically to children. If we are informed by a reliable source that a user is under thirteen (13) years of age, we will promptly delete any Personal Information we have collected about that user.
7. Consent To Information Processing.
8. Your California Privacy Rights.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing info@BraveGentleMan.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
9. Modification And Notification Of Changes.
SECURITY, CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How We Protect Our Customers
- Industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information while in transit.
- Currently, Brave GentleMan does not store any credit card information as all transaction happen through PayPal and Google Checkout. In the future, all stored credit card information will be encrypted in a secure, PCI-compliant environment.
- The Brave GentleMan Site is periodically scanned and validated to meet security standards on application and network security.
- All internal security standards, policies, and practices are periodically reviewed and improved based on commercially reasonable security practices.
- Do not share your user ID or password with any third party.
- Be sure to create a secure password—that is, a password that is at least 7 characters, includes a mix of letters, numbers, and special symbols; and does not contain easily identifiable or personal information, such as a dictionary word, family or pet’s name, or e-mail address.
- If you use a public computer to access the Site, be aware that such computer may contain keylogger software designed to steal your password. If you do decide to use a public computer to access the Brave GentleMan website, be sure to log out of the Site before ending your session.
- E-mails are generally insecure and easy to forge. Be aware that an email, which comes from a friend or a business partner, could be fraudulent and designed to trick you into providing personal information or installing dangerous software.
- Install antivirus and firewall software on your computer to protect yourself from phishing scams and viruses.
- We will never initiate an e-mail request for your Brave GentleMan password, or any other sensitive account information (like your credit card or social security number); if you receive such a request purportedly sent by Brave GentleMan, it is likely a scam.
- If you contact Brave GentleMan Customer Support, we may verify your identity by asking for non-critical information, such as your Brave GentleMan user name, shipping address, or past order information.
- If you have received a suspicious e-mail that appears to have come from Brave GentleMan or have concerns about an e-mail request from Brave GentleMan, please forward the e-mail to security@BraveGentleMan.com.
When you go to Login or Check Out pages on the Brave GentleMan website, you will notice the closed lock icon at the top or bottom of your browser or the HTTPS:// prefix in the URL. This means you have established a secure “SSL connection” and that all transmitted data will be encrypted, ensuring sensitive purchase information cannot be intercepted. If you are receiving SSL Certificate errors when accessing the Brave GentleMan website, that means that the domain name in the SSL certificate does not match the address that is in the address bar of the browser. Alternatively, it may mean that your browser is misconfigured and does not accept the root certificate used by the Brave GentleMan. Please contact security@BraveGentleMan.com if you are in doubt.
If you suspect that any account information has been compromised or fraudulent charges have been made on the Brave GentleMan website, please contact us immediately for assistance
- 1. Why are the products you feature more expensive than those I am used to seeing at conventional stores?
- Brave GentleMan features products that meet the most stringent of criteria. It is unfortunate that our current economic modelrewards the cheapest, fastest, dirtiest and most careless practices with an "affordable" pricetag. Often, "ethical" fashion is more expensive to make and thus , more expensive to buy than conventional fashion. Reasons for this include:
“Ethical” fashion companies invest in obtaining relevant labor, environmental, and ethical certifications.
- Artisans producing “ethical” fashion are paid a fair living wages and given proper healthcare.
- “Ethical” fashion is produced using alternative labor models that empower communities rather than exploiting them (including small-scale, domestic, or cottage industry).
- Extra precautions are taken to minimize pollution and toxicity at every production phase, from textile production through garment construction.
- High-quality and sustainable alternatives to convenient animal skins or hairs are developed or sourced.
- New ethical textile science is researched and developed.
- Alterative textile production methods are preferred, such as sustainable, small-scale, or closed-loop EIPs (Environmental Industrial Park).When fashion is “affordable,” that often means that someone was—to be frank – screwed over in the production chain – whether it is laborers in a sweatshop, animals bred for their skins or hairs, or ecosystems that are polluted and destroyed with cheap and toxic production methods.2. Why don't you sell any items geared towards women? Is there a Brave GentleWoman in the works?Brave GentleMan is geared toward individuals who enjoy menswear because there is a disproportinate emphasis on women's lifestyle products in the "eco", "green" and "ethical" realm.
In addition to this imbalance, there are many instances where mainstream masculinity is positioned in direct contrast to compassion and ethics, presenting a major roadblock to sustainability. For more information, visit BraveGentleMan affiliate TheDiscerningBrute.com and read articles authored by The Discerning Brute such as EAT LIKE A MAN, ‘Carnivore’ Pride, Men Like Sports, and Men Like Sports II.
That being said, many women enjoy menswear, and many of the items on Brave GentleMan could be considered unisex. We encourage women to shop on our site.3. I understand not wanting to sell fur or leather, but what’s wrong with wool? Isn’t it just a haircut? I wish! Momma nature led many animals to evolve in the perfect design when it comes to staying warm and dry in the elements, so it’s no surprise that humans who lack that body-hair want to wear it themselves. Many consider wool sustainable because it’s a ‘natural’ product. But, shockingly, wool production is one of the leading causes of greenhouse gas emissions, water pollution, land erosion, and animal cruelty:
From an ecological and ethical perspective, I hope this provides some clarity as to Brave GentleMan’s and others’ desire to avoid using any wool for any reason.
- According to the United Nations, “The world’s sheep population is just over one billion – one for roughly every six people. Nearly half are in Asia and the Near and Middle East. Sheep are the species with the highest number of recorded breeds – contributing 25 percent to the global total for mammals.” (source)
- The impact that livestock (including sheep) has on the environment, is by no means trivial, according to the United Nations Food & Agricultural Organization:
- One study has shown that in New Zealand, which has approximately 48 million sheep, methane emissions from enteric fermentation, coming mostly from sheep, constitute almost 50% of the nation’s total greenhouse gas emissions. Most scientists acknowledge that this has a significant effect on climate change. Combine that with erosion, water pollution, resource needs like water, graze land, processing needs, etc., and wool starts to appear a lot less sustainable than we’d like to think.
- On the Cruel Australian Live Export of Sheep:
- On Ultra-Fine Wool production: